My services are varied and I am always keen to provide bespoke packages for schools and educational practitioners in order to meet identified needs to have the greatest impact.
Why not use me to provide tutoring for groups of children where their teacher and/or TA observe me? This way children’s needs are met by an expert in maths and adults are given CPD in how to address needs. Each session can be followed with suggestions with how to follow-up with the children until I return for the next session. Consider it as a wise investment in the professional development of staff. The work I do really can make an outstanding difference to how adults feel about the ‘scary’ subject of maths and that in turn impacts positively on the outcomes for children.
I work with all schools, including schools in RI who want to move to Good, as well as Good and Outstanding schools who want to be great!
I have expertise in all year groups from Nursery to year 6. The work I do in schools includes:
- lesson study, action research and modelling of teaching approaches – you can use me as the ‘knowledgeable other’ for studying the craft of teaching
- support for maths subject leaders
- maths in the Early Years
- working with SLT who want to get to grips with current thinking about mathematics and to decide what elements are appropriate for their own setting
- empowering schools to overcome issues they are grappling with, such as: understanding age-related expectations; implementing concrete and pictorial approaches to develop visualisation; developing questioning skills; promoting the use of accurate vocabulary; supporting schools with designing their own version of how they deliver the maths curriculum; understanding how to use a ‘Low Threshold/Floor, High Ceiling’ lesson structure; looking at how to embed mathematical habits in their teachers and pupils; bringing joy and curiosity to the subject of maths; the list is endless…
- anything that you or Ofsted identify as a need for your school
Individual schools, and groups of schools, can book me for:
- Full days (usually 8.30 – 3.30 but this can vary)
- Half days (mornings or afternoons – whichever is appropriate)
- Staff meetings, twilight sessions and training days
For information regarding bookings, please contact me.
I also run courses in a variety of venues that teachers can attend. To view upcoming courses, please click on the Courses link at the top of the page.