My services are varied and I am always keen to provide bespoke packages for schools and educational practitioners, in order to meet identified needs to have the greatest impact.
I work with all schools, including schools in RI who want to move to Good, as well as Good and Outstanding schools who want to be great!
I have expertise in all year groups from Nursery to year 6. The work I do in schools includes:
- lesson study, action research and modelling of teaching approaches – you can use me as the ‘knowledgeable other’ for studying the craft of teaching
- support for maths subject leaders
- maths in the Early Years
- working with SLT who want to get to grips with current thinking about mathematics and to decide what elements are appropriate for their own setting
- empowering schools to overcome issues they are grappling with, such as: understanding age-related expectations; implementing concrete and pictorial approaches to develop visualisation; developing questioning skills; promoting the use of accurate vocabulary; supporting schools with designing their own version of how they deliver the maths curriculum; understanding how to use a ‘Low Threshold/Floor, High Ceiling’ lesson structure; looking at how to embed mathematical habits in their teachers and pupils; bringing joy and curiosity to the subject of maths; the list is endless…
- anything that you or Ofsted identify as a need for your school
Individual schools, and groups of schools, can book me for:
- Full days (usually 8.30 – 3.30 but this can vary)
- Half days (mornings or afternoons – whichever is appropriate)
- Staff meetings, twilight sessions and training days
For information regarding bookings, please contact me.
I also run courses in a variety of venues that teachers can attend. To view upcoming courses, please click on the Courses link at the top of the page.